Since 1954, we’ve provided legal services for individuals, families, business owners, ranchers and farmers throughout Butte County and the North State. Our firm was built upon the relationships we established with our community and clients, business professionals and community based charitable organizations. These relationships continue to be the foundation for growth.
Estate planning and administration; business entity formation and transactions; real property matters; family law; and mediation are services provided by our firm. Please contact our office if you have any questions or would like to schedule a time to meet with one of our attorneys. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you with your legal needs.
We offer a wide variety of estate planning tools to meet your objectives.
- Revocable Intervivos Trusts
- Irrevocable Trust including Special Needs Trusts
- Planned Giving
- Powers of Attorney
- Advanced Healthcare Directives
- Wills and Codicils
- Pre and Post Marital Agreements
Trust Administration & Probate
We assist our clients with the administration of estates when loved ones can no longer manage their own affairs and following death.
Administration services include:
- Appointment of Successor Trustees
- Marshalling Assets
- Preparation of requisite notices
- Assistance with valuation and determining character of assets (separate vs. community assets)
- Preparation of allocation agreements and the creation and funding of sub-trusts
- Accountings and Distribution
- Representation of trustees and beneficiaries for on-going and long-term trust administration
- Court proceedings when necessary
- Post-death transfers of assets for probate avoidance
- Probate, Spousal Petitions, Small Estate Transfers
Legal proceedings may be necessary to ensure the financial and personal well-being of loved ones with cognitive disabilities or diminishing capacities. In the absence of an estate plan, a conservatorship may be required.
We assist our business clients with:
- General and Limited Partnerships
- Limited Liability Companies and Limited Liability Partnerships
- Corporate formation including Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws, Shareholder Agreements, Buy/Sell Agreements
- Farm Lease Agreements
- Real Property Agreements
- Quiet Title
- Partition Actions
Our firm offers a wide variety of family law services including assistance with:
- Dissolution of Marriage
- Legal Separation
- Collaborative Family Law Services
- Complex Property Matters
- Spousal and Child Support Matters
- Pre and Post Marital Planning